[teacherartexchange] Budget woes? Why not have an Art Auction?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 06:58:16 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

It does sadden me to hear how budgets are continuing to be cut. Why
not do something about it and raise your own money? Organize an art
auction. Many teachers have had great success doing this - often it is
a school wide auction - but you could do one yourself.

The most recent one I heard about was a tile mural that went for over
$3,000. Think about what you could do with that kind of money.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/mural.htm
Each student made two tiles.... one for the school mural and one for
the piece to be auctioned. This was submitted by Jill Day.

Post successful find raiser ideas. There are many out there that might
be in "your shoes". CHAIR-ity Auctions do well.... make your art
program the charity. Get some chairs donated and turn them into art.

You could also sell Fine Art Pins. I got the OK from Art Image
Publications to use their small images in their catalog to make fine
art pins. Of course, you can also use images of student art. See
Barbara Yalof's pins for ideas:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1n8bi/id3.html

If you reply to this thread - cut out my email address.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department