Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Bridging the Curriculum through Art

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 10:22:19 PDT

Thank you for mentioning "Bridging the Curriculum through Art." The intent
of this book is to provide teachers with insights into development of
art-based interdisciplinary lessons that keep art central to learning.

Nancy and I both come from backgrounds in K-12 and university art teaching
in addition to being mentors for the Transforming Education through the Arts
Challenge. Materials in the book stem from our personal experiences.

One of the issues that prompted us to write the book is that too often
teachers (especially generalist teachers) misunderstand the phrase "keeping
art meaningful." The content of the book will help direct teachers away from
"using art" in favor of "teaching through art."

We strive to prevent art from being the handmaiden to other content areas
and promote art as central to the development of critical and creative

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020

For art teaching resources and professional development

To unsubscribe go to