Re: [teacherartexchange] Good Art Takes Time (Overview of Elementary Lessons)

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 17:12:05 PDT

This is probably more of an age issue than a teacher one. My intermediate
students are used to taking 6-7 class periods to complete a lesson (my
intermediate classes are grades 3-6). Then they go home for the summer, come
back as middle school students, and want to be finished in 10 minutes! I
push them and push them until around the middle of their sophomore year, and
suddenly they mature overnight (well, most of them anyways - some never make
it! - and are able to focus longer on projects. So it's not an elementary
teacher thing - since I am their teacher for all their K-12 art classes! :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids