Re: [teacherartexchange] Student Art Exhibits

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 16:26:16 PDT

Well...the wrapper's gone from my roll and I don't remember how many feet
were in the roll, but if you have a Lowe's you could check it. Also...you
might want to feel the weight of the paper and see what you think.

Also, I had my middle school students make folders from 24x36" tag board.
We folded up a small bit from the bottom and stapled the edges...then folded
in half so they had a folder that opened up like those cheap folders you buy
at the beginning of school. They would hold the paper secure and also a
small pencil.

But...I found something that worked good for me...and was much
cheaper....didn't come of my budget at all. The school had colored bulletin
board paper in huge rolls in the media center for all teachers to use. I
would roll off a length for each student that I had and I would fold over
this to make a folder...then tape the sides together. This is something I
had the students do the first day or so of school. The school soon started
buying this paper in a lighter weight...and we had to then reinforce the top
edges with tape...inside and out. But these folders would last through the
whole semester...and then they could take all their work home with them.

Carolyn