RE: [teacherartexchange] Overview of Art Lessons

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 13:49:10 PDT

I have to agree with the others who are telling you that you have too many
lessons and not enough time. I am lucky if we finish 10 to 12 projects in a
school year and I have the same amount of time per week with my students as
you.

A great idea that has been thrown out there is to combine some of these ideas
into one lesson. For example, I do a project with my pre-Ks I call primary
lines (it is on IAD). They learn about line and paint different types with
black tempera. Then, they fill in around the lines with primary colors. Still,
this is a 2 day project.

On your list, you have Pop Art. Another lesson that I do is Andy Warhol color
theory animals (also on IAD). It combines many of the concepts you wish to
cover, such as primaries, secondaries, color mixing, monochromatic, warm and
cool, complementaries, space...

I am just giving you a few examples of lessons I do- come up with your own!

Most of my lessons take a minimum of 3-4 classes to finish. I have asked
several parents their opinions on the amount of work their kids bring home and
they have all told me that they prefer QUALITY over QUANTITY.

You CAN teach all of these concepts, but each in their own lesson? Doubtful
that you will have the time. Good luck!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH