Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 13:44:43 PDT

Sure there is room for creativity! How the students
approach their composition with regards to scale,
placement, value, etc. are all aesthetic choices that
can be encouraged. As far as sports teams go, I know
better than to engender that kind of controversy in
the classroom - especially with me being a native
philadelphian Flyers fan working in a Long Islanders'
school...

--- "M.Austin" <whest177@wheatstate.com> wrote:

> Except, the issue as I took it, was the lack of
> creativity in subject
> choice. If I put a seclection of containers down for
> students to draw, there
> is no room for creativity. And, these are grade
> school students that we are
> talking about, so I'm not sure they are that
> emotionally involved. I am much
> more likely to ellicite a response by commenting on
> an NFL team than a
> governmental figure.
> ~Michal
> K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
> http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
>
> > Well sure- the students are not likely to have
> strong
> > feelings about the still life which will affect
> their
> > attidude about it. Likely they will be more
> detached
> > and not let the focus on technique be clouded by
> an
> > emotional attachment to what they're
> concentrating on
> > drawing (not that emotional attachments to subject
> > matter is bad, just that it might be confusing for
> > them at an introductory level - especially if the
> > association is negative).
> >

> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne