Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Sequential Art

From: Laurie Reber (lareb18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 12:44:43 PDT

What method do you use for the faux stained glass. I
create authentic stained glass, and it is much too
expensive (possibly dangerous - glass/lead/soldering
iron) to do in junior high. Yet,I would love to do
something comparable with my students. I think that
tissue paper is too elementary. Do you, or does anyone
have any ideas on how to achieve the look of stained
glass for junior high students? I have seen colored
cellophane/acetate type material and liquid lead in
some art magazines, but don't know what the result
would look like.

--- wrote:

> Hi Darrin,
> I've had my middle schoolers read a Chinese folktale
> and illustrate it
> in 4 panels for a faux stained glass piece. They
> look beautiful
> hanging in the windows around school.
> Vicki
> ---