Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 11:26:05 PDT

I don't think it's asking for too much to expect
children to respect the leader of our country. They
need to learn that they can disagree with his policies
without characterizing the man as an inhuman monster.
I'm sure they have problems with many of the decisions
that other teachers and the school administrators
make, but I still expect them to show respect.

I recall reading that an adminstrator at some school
forced a teacher to remove a photo of President Bush
that was hanging in her classroom. I believe it was
because someone, maybe the principal, dislike Bush for
political reasons. To me that is absurd. There
should be nothing wrong with a photograph of the
President of the United hanging in a public building.

As far as the assignment, I'm sure you know that there
will always be students who complain about soemthing.
Always. You could give them freedom to do whatever
they want and they will still complain. Whenever I
have especially obnoxious students who complain saying
"Do I have to do this?" I always offer them the option
of doing it or going to the office. So far they have
always decided to do the assignment.

=== message truncated ===