Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: July 01, 2005

---------

From: Terry Marney (terrylou63_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 06:16:35 PDT

I'm a new middle/high school art teacher (this fall will be my second year). I noticed that in my Art Foundations class, I had some students who were excited to be there and got right to work on every assignment....and then I had some who only took the class because they thought it would be easy. They dragged out each assignment, took their time, and some never finished at all. I'm wondering how you've all handled this kind of thing....how did you keep the class moving along at the same pace? How much socializing do you allow in your classrooms? Do you assign seats? I didn't have this problem with my middle-school students....they were all engaged and very busy....this was mostly freshmen & sophmores. I'd love to hear your input!
Thanks.
Terry