Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

vranck0602_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 03:58:01 PDT

Hey Darren,
I missed where you are, but here, deep in the bible belt, (Tennessee)
you may of course teach art history. But be gentle in how you present.
Students tend to take what you say extremely literally. I do mandalas
with my 7th and 8th graders and explain what the Buddhist monks are
doing and how they believe, but I generally try to get students to
realize that there are so many different cultures that don't believe
the way the western world does, and that is okay. I haven't had any
problems.
vicki