[teacherartexchange] Pipe Cleaner Art

---------

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 01:40:29 PDT

I'm considering doing a lesson where students use pipe
cleaners to create wire sculptures. In college we
created sculptures with actual wire, but I think the
kids can do something pretty similiar with pipe
cleaners which are much easier to shape and bend and
come in a wide array of colors.

I believe I saw some white ones that glow in the dark
which would look cool for some projects. They could
maybe create pipe cleaner sculptures of dinosaurs with
the glow in the dark ones. Or maybe each could create
a different animal and together they would display in
some sort of zoo themed exhibit.

Has anyone worked much with pipe cleaners? Do the
students enjoy working with them? Any problems? Suggestions?