Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

From: Darren High (darren_high_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 22:44:52 PDT

How about religion in relation to art history? Many
famous artists used Christian imagery as subject
matter. There are many periods of art that were
totally dependent upon the Christian church. Do you
avoid presenting those images to students for fear of
offending them? It's not like you are encouraging
them to worship a certain way. I just don't see how
any true overview of art history could omit all
references to the church and Christian images.

Yahoo! Sports