Re: [teacherartexchange] Bureaucracy

---------

sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 21:39:46 PDT

Darren High wrote:

>I have spent the last four weeks trying to get specific
>answers about matters from the Department of
>Education. Each time I call I am told that I need to
>speak to a specific individual. Apparently this is
>the only person in the government who can answer my
>questions. Each time I leave a message with my name
>and number and I never get a return phone call. Ever.

Well, I can sympathize.... (Which state are you in, btw?) I went
through something similar for a question that I thought would be easily
(and quickly!) answered--with a yes or no answer! I got the same
thing--leaving messages with no calls returned, leaving emails that got
no response, trying to talk to someone else, only to be referred back to
a particular individual, etc. etc.. And on top of that I had to go
through one of the worse phone trees I've ever dealt with.

In talking with someone else about this, I was told that our state's DOE
was seriously understaffed, so I suppose that has something to do with it.

I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions or help--just understanding
because I know how frustrating it is!

--
Sharon
www.art-rageous.net <http://www.art-rageous.net>