RE: [teacherartexchange] Overview of Art Lessons

---------

From: Maude Ruesch (mruesch_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 15:16:06 PDT

I do a lesson on color mixing with my 5's. I start by reading the book
Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh. Then we paint each child's hands two
different colors, i.e. blue and yellow. They print each hand separately on
a large sheet of construction paper and then rub their hands together and
print the new color in between. They are always amazed.
I also have them fingerpaint fall leaves with red and yellow, and green
leaves with blue and yellow. We also paint a whole sheet of paper with two
of the primaries to make the three secondaries and we use that paper all
year for collages. We texturize the paper and the collages are then much
more interesting. I found that trying to get them to mix colors with clay
was too long a process for some of them to complete. They do better with
fairly instant results. I hope this helps.
Maude in VA