Re: [teacherartexchange] Creativity In Art Assignments

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 13:51:41 PDT

Sure, its not the subject matter, per se, springtime
is my favorite time of year and flowers are always
nice - its the concept of "rebirth". How would you
address that conceptually, or rather, how would you
expect it to come through in their artwork?

I'm sorry if this sounds arguementative, I'm just
trying to understand this from your point of view.

--- Darren High <darren_high@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Spring flowers and butterflies are essentially
> symbols
> of rebirth since they are bright and colorful signs
> of
> a new season that follows winter where many flowers
> and animals die. I'm sure you could come up with
> some
> lessons involving flowers or butterflies without
> ever
> having to mention Jesus.
>

> --- david gran <dsgran@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > I understand your point, but regardless of its
> > origins, the Easter Holiday is entirely a major
> part
> > of the Christian religion. I 'd be hard pressed to
> > come up with a lesson about 'rebirth', especially
> > around Easter, that didn't take on a religious
> > significance.
> >
> > --- Darren High <darren_high@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Rebirth around Easter is symbolic of the spring
> > > coming
> > > after winter. After a long period of "death"
> when
> > > flowers and plants are dead or covered with
> snow,
> > > they
> > > then awaken in the spring with blooming flowers
> > and
> > > leaves on the trees. Also spring usually
> involves
> > > the
> > > birth of various animals who were hibernating
> > > through
> > > the winter months. Christianity and the
> > > resurrection
> > > of Christ does tie into that, but the spring and
> > > Easter celebrations of rebirth predate the birth
> > of
> > > Christ by hundreds of years.

> > just
> > > easter

> art
> become
>
> > > Most
> our
> Santa

> > > art
> > > work
> Christmas,
> > > Valentine's
> > > History
> > > have
> green,
> > they

> > > However,
> > examples
> > > looking
> > pluralistic
> > > entire
> > art

> or
> > > what
> over

> simply
> > > keep
> > or
> year.

> of
> > > the

> sort

=== message truncated ===

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne