Re: [teacherartexchange] a few questions

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 10:53:00 PDT

I ended up teaching him how to cope with his color blindness. Through trial
and error, we discovered that by limiting his pallette (don't use a huge
variety of greens, just 2-3 of REALLY different values), and having him
write the names of the colors he used on the back of his artwork. His was a
heredity condition - non of the males could see cool colors or brown. He
understood how to mix warm colors to achieve the desired results, but cool
colors were a mystery to him. When he did make a color error we, as a class,
ignored it and didn't tell him, because it would bother him horribly. And
besides, I really like green lions! *L* There are now cousins who are
school aged, and I would love to hear how others have dealt with color blind
students.
~Michal