Re: [teacherartexchange] Student Art Exhibits

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 10:43:21 PDT

I am having a "temporary" high school principal next year, so I wouldn't want to start this at the high school level, but I would LOVE to do this with my elementary principal. PTO can professionally mat and frame the artwork and then my principal can display it in the office for a year. What a great idea!

On a similiar note, our board office is connected to the high school. It is enclosed in glass and very visible (it used to be the library). There has been no attempt to decorate it since the construction over 2 years ago. I would like to purchase 13 frames large enough to display 12x18" matted artworks that I could use to create a revolving display for the board office (one frame per class I teach, plus a couple in different sizes). Can anyone point me in the right direction for a grant I could write for these? Thanks!
~Michal

  7. Each year we choose an individual with a background in the arts to be our judge. We have found that the judging can take several hours. We have many, many different categories of art and ribbons are awarded in each category. There is also a "principal's award" and a"superintendent's award". The "principal's award" is a larger ribbon and the artwork is displayed in the principal's office for one year. After a year, the artwork is returned to the artist. The "superientendent's award" is a monetary award (also a larger ribbon is given) and the piece is permanently added to the art collection at our board office.