[teacherartexchange] Dover Publications - Good Source for Design ideas - plus FREE images

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 09:53:45 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I have been receiving the Dover Newsletter for a few weeks now and
have saved many FREE clip art images to file for later use (for when?
who knows? - but I have ornamentation, flowers, animals - you name it
- all into separate folders on my machine). I am posting now because
they have a HUGE summer sale going - great deals on a lot of books I
had purchased in the past.

See if this link takes you to the FREE clip art:
http://www.doverpublications.com/sampler/0701/index.html

Racinet's Ornamental Design is a beautiful book. I used it with many
lessons (photocopies) - scanned in some and had students use the
designs for various lessons via technology.

You will also see Southwest Design, Mandala Quilt Designs (adaptable
to collage and other media), Animals..... and much more on sale now.

Lots of good resources on sale:
http://store.yahoo.com/doverpublications/by-subject-summer-sale.html

You even get free shipping on orders over $50.00. I used Dover Books
for many lessons. I found that most of my students needed "jump
started" for ideas... Money well spent. Many of my units were inspired
by cultural patterns. There is nothing wrong with using images to
inspire - many artists do (and I still view them as creative).

My apologies for the "commercial" (smile) - but some commercials are necessary.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department