Re: [teacherartexchange] a few questions

---------

From: Heather Hayes (heatherglenn77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 09:37:49 PDT

>I had decided to teach color theory right from the start to all my
>students. My first day, one of my >elementary students came up to me and
>whispered that he was color blind. I had NO idea how to >teach color theory
>to someone who couldn't see all the colors. I managed, but if I had known
> >someone to ask for help I could have helped that young man so much more.
>We discovered >coping mechanisms together, but I do believe I learned more
>than he did.

How DO you teach color theory to someone who is color blind? When I was
student teaching, I did a color theory lesson, and my professor happened to
be observing that day. He asked me that question, and actually took off
points from my grade because I didn't have an answer/backup plan for color
blind kids. (he was a COMPLETE jerk...but that's another story) I've never
seen anything anywhere that addresses this. How'd you do it?

Heather