Re: [teacherartexchange] Student Art Exhibits

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 09:08:25 PDT

we got our local Albertson's grocery store to donate that many brown paper
grocery bags.
this is our first activity each year (high school).
students cut the bottom off the bag. start by cutting straight down one of
the corners till you get to the bottom of the bag, then cut off the bottom.
next, fold with all the writing inside.
tape sides with masking tape. this is their portfolio for the year. some
kids will keep a pencil in theirs because for some reason carrying a pencil
these days is too uncool.
last, divide one side of the portfolio into sections (irregular, organic
shapes look best) then we go over the basic elements of art and students may
use their choice of media to illustrate each one in a section of one side of
the portfolio.
have a standard spot for printing name and class period boldly on one side.
works pretty well and these aren't too bulky.
nancy in north texas