[teacherartexchange] APA and link online

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 09:03:44 PDT

APA is the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Use
the 5th edition as previous editions do not include all new electronic
media.

Most professional art writing is APA style, including publications of NAEA.

When I started using APA in the late 80s, the manual was 1/2" thick. Now it
is more than twice that size--a testimony to the way research and writing
has changed in the past decade.

www.citationmachine.com is an online generator of APA style. I warn,
however, that this is not foolproof. And students in my recent "Writing
about Art" class will attest to that!

Happy writing and citing,

Pam

=============================
Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm

For art teaching resources and professional development
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com