Re: [teacherartexchange] warm-up idea for creature drawing/seuss assignment

---------

From: Heather Hayes (heatherglenn77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 06:02:04 PDT

I once saw a game idea in a children's magazine that I thought would be
great for the art classroom, but I've never actually tried it. You make a
board game on a piece of paper where most of the squares have drawing
instructions for creating a monster. It's like a traditional board game
where there's a beginning and an end...and a path between the 2. They roll
the die, and follow the instructions. Depending on where they land, their
monsters will look different. The magazine said that some of the spaces
could even tell them to erase something and draw it differently. Some of
the instructions in their samples for each square were things like "draw
three eyes", "draw six legs" and so forth. I think this would be a great
warm-up for drawing the creatures/monsters you were talking about.

Heather