Re: teaching teachers

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 15:01:30 PDT

In a message dated 7/29/04 7:52:12 PM, vranck0602@aol.com writes:

> I am about to teach an inservice on differentiated instruction.

Hmmm: how much time do you actually have? One that I have helped with was to
send teachers to the Mass College of Art library to choose an artist who had
greatly influenced them and find a way to "show what they know" to the rest of
the group. Some teachers made a piece of art, some made mind maps, some used
color xeroxes, some worked on a little 3/d exhibit, some spoke at length, you
might get someone who dances the information...but this would take an entire
day. The great part is, you do not have to choose an artist; the teachers,
in choosing someone they adore, are more motivated to seek out and share
information; and then, everybody learns about a lot of artists (and some of ours
were very unexpected) It is a good refresher for teachers in research. Many of
the teachers we worked with were inexperienced with the Internet and
appreciated coaching with Google etc. Another plus: during the presentations the
teacher learns as much as the students. Good luck!
Katherine Douglas
http://knowledgeloom.org/tab