Sculpting the Human Head - Excellent How To Book

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 13:24:54 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am looking for individuals who are doing units (or are planning units) on
sculpting the human head/portrait busts. I have a new book for you to use
that is excellent - Portrait Sculpting: Anatomy and Expressions in Clay by
Philippe and Charisse Faraut.
http://www.pcfstudios.com
Read about the book:
http://www.pcfstudios.com/videos.html

Some of you might interested in the videos, too (I have not see them).

I have Philippe Faraut linked on my Artists page (under Figurative
Sculpture), 8th Grade Relief Sculpture lesson, IAD Art Styles (under
Sculpture) and IAD Art Store (scroll to book title) pages.

If any of you would like to see this beautiful book - with over 550
photographs - please email me off list and I will collect mailing addresses.
The book is great for high school sculpture classes. I would have used it
with my middle school students for the relief faces....and of course it is
perfect for adult use (for those of you on the college level).

Hope to hear from you. I would like to mail the book out next week so you
have plenty of time to look it over.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/