Re: Columbus Museum exhibitions

---------

From: Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 08:46:28 PDT

I was in Ohio just recently and I saw the exhibition at the Columbus Museum
of Art. The Jacob Lawrence series was provocative but there were two other
exhibitions there that I though were also great. The contemporary art work
section and the work done by Ann Hamilton and the Fabric exhibition. While
I was wandering through the Fabric Exhibition at the museum and someone in
the courtyard was playing the flute and a phone was ringing. What a
juxtaposition of sounds-the flute and phone ringing-I wondered if it was
done on purpose or was it just an accidental combination. It really was a
lovely experience- the art and music-the flute music seemed to float
through the chambers of the museum. I understand that the museum is open
late on Thursday nights and often has music in the courtyard.
Numo

At 06:36 PM 7/29/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>The Migration Series by Jacob Lawrence (from the Phillips Collection) is
>currently a special exhibit at the Columbus Museum of Art until August
>29! It features 30 panels from the series.
>
> Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
> Art teacher, K-5, retired

---