Abstract Art lesson from lines on a road map... anyone know where this lesson originated ??

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 13:47:26 PDT

Hi All,
 As Judy D mentioned earlier, I surfed upon some very interesting images on a Virginia Elementary School website.
Here is the address if you want to take a look
http://www.rcs.k12.va.us/art/bonsack_02.htm

The students used a road map as a resource for their lines, and then filled in with painted or oil pastel color. I really like the idea of using the map to develop the abstract. I think the kids would really get into creating these.

Anyone recognize this lesson from a book or other resource, please let me know. (or if anyone knows how to get in touch with Georganna Hite (the art teacher from this school) I emailed the main school address, but no reply yet. being Summer I am not surprised :)

thanks,
Christine Besack :)

---