Excellent Elementary Lessons for Sharing

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 12:26:35 PDT

Greeting Art Educators,

Kathy Barger has shared some excellent lessons with me. I am sharing the
easy way first:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Kathy.htm

2nd Grade -Egyptian mummies - done with metallic oil pastels.

1st Grade Watercolor Sailboats

5th Grade back of the head portraits - you will like her twist to the
lesson.

I will add links to Woody's lesson and Andy Di Conti's..... but the first
time I saw this lesson was back in the 1980s - before technology (grin) -
1/2 the Kids turned around - the other half drew them - then they switched.
I know the teacher I subbed for got a lot of her ideas from School Arts and
Arts and Activities. So I have no idea who to really credit with the idea.
Kathy did get the idea for Getty ArtEdNet.

More images to come on the lessons once I get the work done on them -- I
just wanted to get them out the easy way first. I know many of you are
planning your year right now.

Thanks Kathy!

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)