Re: artsednet digest: July 26, 2004

---------

From: Rodney (rboville_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 10:16:26 PDT

Another doll artist that you may be interested in is Gretchen Lima,
www.gretchenlima.com
She does wonderfully wrapped fabric dolls, with sculpy heads, occassionally
sculpy hands, She uses glass beads, charms whatever, and lots of
wonderfulwild hair. I believe from llama or alpaca. Pictures of some of her
dolls are in a few of Susan Oroyan's books. "Anatomy of a Doll"is the one I
have (preface page,and p.88). Gretchen has some of her dolls in the
Smitsonian. I have attended two of her workshops which were great!!! She is
living in Wisconsin only until fall and then moving with her new husband to
the Southwest. Fortunate for anyone living in that area and wanting to take
some workshops. Barbara

---