RE: Info on block scheduling in MS needed

---------

From: LINDA KIELING (KIELINGL_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 09:10:15 PDT

Renee, How long has this schedule been in place? I thought I'd like the
same senerio you described..not!... thought students would have (and
use!) more "working" time....nope and I tried a "gazillion" different
ways to approach it....anyway, that schedule only lasted one
year.....last year had 56 minutes every day and LOVED it, perfect amount
of time for my middle schooler's attention span :-) ....sadly going to
43 minute classes next year :-( .....frustrating......it'd be nice to
have something consistant year to year to build on........

>>> Renee.Berg@k12.sd.us 7/26/2004 6:53:32 PM >>>
Irene, I teach at a middle school in a block schedule. We alternate
with different classes every other day. We have 4 90 min. blocks a day.
I don't know if I could teach any other way now. I love it. For the most
part, both exploratory and academic like it. Math complains the most.
For the most part the other teachers have changed the way they teach to
fit block scheduling. If you look in the artednet talk archives there is
quite a few comments on block scheduling.
Bergie

Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools