Re: sketchbooks - middle and elementary?

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 12:34:32 PDT

At one of the middle schools in our system, the teacher was able to get
enough spiral bound sketchbooks, about 4x6", for each student to have one.

These were kept in the classroom on shelves close to the entrance door, and
they were stored standing up...in a box.

As the students came in, they picked up the box of sketchbooks for their
table and all students would work on warm-up drawings at the beginning of
the class.

This is an excellent way to switch students over to their "right-brain" mode
and get them quiet and ready for the days lesson.

Carolyn

---