Two Doll Artists to Inpsire lessons

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 09:50:50 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am going through my collection of cards from Ann Arbor Art Fair.

Here are two dolls artists I have linked to my site.

Lori Garrett Brown:
http://www.lorigarrettbrown.com/
Unusual cloth and polymer clay dolls to inspire. Assemblage and collage
items - "rich textures, natural materials, found objects and sculpted
details". From Cincinnati, Ohio. Her work can be adapted to a lesson for
kids. Lori also makes some "doll" pins (not on her site). She wraps cloth
around scrap cardboard - secures with ribbons, wires on beads for arms - and
adds a Sculpey face.

Valerie Bunnell
http://www.valeriebunnell.com/
http://www.valeriebunnell.com/main.html
Mixed media - ceramic figurative sculpture - rich in textures. These are
dolls that are wired together. I can see them inspiring a lesson for middle
school and above.

These are linked on my Arts and Crafts page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/crafts.htm#Doll

I also added Valerie to Nikki's marionette lesson.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources