Re: Sketchbooks - Middle and Elementary too?

---------

From: Pam Smith (thinkart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 17:19:41 PDT

I teach 6th-8th graders and I have them get an unlined marble tablet (they
are cheap) for a sketchbook. They have a daily bell assignment. I try to
keep it short, the idea is to get their right brain working. They come in
the room, put their bags away, get their sketchbooks out and start drawing.
I go around the room and stamp their page, if the have the date, assignment
written on it and have started to draw. Sometimes I even assign a
responsible student to stamp the books for me. I only grade when some never
has their sketchbook or isnšt working in it.
Aloha Pam

Received from Smjahnle@aol.com, 7/25/04 10:06 AM

> Hi all -- I've been reading with interest the posts about HS sketchbook use
> and wonder if anyone has thoughts on their use for younger students (4th
> through 8th perhaps?) Thanks, Sandy
> ---
du

---