Time spent on E/P

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 13:19:43 PDT

When you introduce the elements and principles, how do you lay
it out. I have often spent at least a week on each one then
move on to a project based on the element. I am looking for
different approach. I personally feel it is hard to critique
work knowing about only one at a time. I was thinking spending
week 2 on elements and week 3 on principles. Touching on each
one with more in depth as the year progresses.

Here is my thoughts on first six weeks.

Week 1- Doodling excercise, and build sketchbook
Week 2 - Elements
Week 3 Priniciples Begin talking about class expectations,
guidelines, and use of technology on Fridays.
Week 4 Grid Drawing
Week 5 Perspective
Week 6 - It is at this point I feel I am pushing but the year
passes so fast.

Now these are thoughts at this time, we have 55 minute classes
daily. Anyone care to share you basic layout for the first six
weeks.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802