In Albuquerque (Warning Political)

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 10:40:17 PDT

The very first evening Frani and I were in Albuquerque (Friday,
July 9th) we attended a rally for John Kerry and John Edwards.
Both of their wifes (Elizabeth and Theresa) were with them.
The four of them together created a synergy that was
electrifying for the crowd of 10,000 who attended.
        http://www.taospaint.com/KerryEdwards/InAlbuquerque.html
I took pics while we were there and created a web page. The only low
point were the 30 or so "very angry" protesters outside. It's really
sad to see and hear such hate expressed.
        One of the benefits of moving to New Mexico is that our votes
will finally be counted in the presidential election. Our votes have
not counted in Kansas since the first time we voted in 1964. Kansas
can always be counted on to vote Republican. I Reading a book now,
that I highly recommend titled, "What's the Matter With Kansas".
Thomas Frank does an excellent job of trying to explain why so many
of the working poor and middle class in Kansas (and elsewhere) are
voting against their own economic self interest. I have lived with and
observed the people who have swallowed this "new conservative" line
and voted into office candidates who cut programs and taxes inorder
to help us average guys. Frank seems to see it clearer than most.
        I'm a political animal (can't help it) but I carefully put a warning
in the subject line so the apolitical types could delete this e-mail
quickly. I wish everyone would not only register and vote but research
and discuss the issues before us. As Theresa Hinez-Kerry said the
other day, "Anyone with a brain and kitchen table can effect policy."
                        Just my two cents, Woody in Albuquerque

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Where Woody's watercolors are: