Re: Curriculum/Syllabus

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 11:39:14 PDT

The district I retired from is talking of moving in that direction. I doubt
they get there with the money crunch in Kansas. With the big push for
Standards and Benchmarks plus the addition of what someone thinks is
possible using technology brings this sort of straight jacket approach.
I posted the standards in my room but always claimed that I was teaching
above them. Some folks just don't understand the minds of creative
people. I suggest you try to ignore them or fuzz the edges so you can
provide a dynamic, rich and lively learning experience for your students.
                                                Good Luck, Woody in Albuquerque

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Where Woody's watercolors are: