Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Curriculum/Syllabus

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 09:37:50 PDT

Every since I began working with the Essential Elements of Art,
now the TEKS, we have had to do format such as you stated, TSW =
The Student will, or TLW - the learner will and have broken it
down into the following

TEKS alignment - both in art and other disciplines
Teacher Objective
Student Activities
Technology Use (beginning stage here)

Now, have I encorporated all of these, never in one lesson, I
look at lesson units, not daily lesson plans. I only define on
the board daily what student will do

Mon - Student will research chosen artist
Tuesday Student will complete basic sketches in sketch book form
still like arrangement
Wed, Same as Above
Thursday and Friday Student will create a final drawing from
still life stetches
Monday -Friday Student will use watercolor paints to create a
composition from the still life arrangement based on the style
of the artist chosen from research.

Now - The last statement is very close to the objective I may
have in the unit objective. My reasoning behind the daily
objectives is to show students what needs to be accomplished on
a daily basis. I learned that if I just put the overall
objective on the board, with two weeks to complete, students do
not stay on task daily and may wait till last minute to get
everything done. I am hoping I am teaching some planning as I
use this format.

As far as Course syllabus, I give them a planned syllabus for
each six weeks as it begins, to show that I am planning. I also
tell them it is subject to change based on activities that the
school may come up with.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802 (Art Classes)