Re: Art Budget

---------

From: K A (arizkma_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 06:32:20 PDT

I sincerely appreciate everyone's response to my art budget question! All of your comments are helpful for me to get an idea of various budget situations.

Both of my principals are supportive of the art program, and I discovered that there is a district warehouse with quality art supplies in it, so I stocked up on basics from there. Now I am going to start putting together a purchase order for specialty items to order.

My gut feeling in regards to one of my principal's comments about me putting together the budget rather than he giving me a set figure is that he'll fund whatever I come up with if I propose it to him. I have only worked in districts that were struggling financially, so it's a breath of fresh air to be in my new district - although I feel a little guilty about the financial inequalities between districts, but if the money's there, why not put it to good use and design quality projects.

Again, thank you to everyone who is responding to this topic. I've put all of your comments into a word document for my reference, so keep sharing your examples because everything is helping me!

~ Kathleen Arola