Re: Art Budget

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 06:14:35 PDT

My art budget has varried also but with big difference. I
started 19 years ago in a small East Texas Town. No art budget
at all so I worked from the student coke account. The next year
we had a new principal and his wife was into the art scene. I
got a 4000 dollar supply budget, a 2000 equipment budget, and
1000 travel budget. No, not a rich school distrct, just a
supported art principal. It was a 3A school and I had maybe 100
students in high school. WE did everything from stain glass, to
jewelry making (principal actually taught that) to whatever we
wanted. IT WAS WONDERFUL. Then a divorce forced me to leave
the area for my sanity. Now I work with 5 other teachers (150
students each) and we split 6000 in supplies money, 1000 in
equipment money, and 400 travel. See the difference. We do
however have a student art fee, which many districts in Texas
have.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802