RE: "typical" art budget?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 10:35:14 PDT

My principal had told me basically the same thing for 9 years- "buy what you
need", but this year I told her that I wanted a more concrete number. I get
$4.50 per student (approx. $2300) out of their book fees for consumables
(paint, paper, clay, etc.) and she told me not to exceed $2000 for fixed items
(brushes, kiln furniture, prints, etc. ) I was shocked because I have NEVER
spent that much money on supplies! I ended up spending around $3500 total for
approx 530 students Pre K - 5th. Good luck! I personally love to do my supply
order every year. I know, I am a glutton for punishment!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From K A <arizkma@yahoo.com> =====
>My new principals have not given me a budget for supplies, but have said "We
have money". Wellllllll, being a first year art teacher, what in the world
should I aim for as a budget?? I teach at two K - 6 schools that are on a
semester grading system. Help please!

>~ Kathleen Arola

---