Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Melissa Speelman's First Week - Starry Night Link

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 17:43:48 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Melissa's Starry Night was pulled off months ago... I
knew everyone who wanted to see it at the time had
already looked. I don't leave files for sharing up
forever.... However I will keep this one if folks want
to send in images from First Week/Day projects:

I could do a whole ideas page for First Week of
school. Just send in one image and a brief blurb on
what you did. I haven't linked this up since I didn't
get Marvin's "official" permission to use his post on
brown. I will take that off if the ideas page takes

As always - anytime you can not find a file - just
ask. I save all of them on my machine. It is hard to
know what to keep on the many have said "the
site is huge". Hmmm... I could put Melissa's Pin
wheels and Starry Night together on the First Week
ideas page....

Melissa - have you written up a complete plan for the
paper mache figures? If not, I will eventually do that
one. If you have - send the plan to me and I'll put
those back online.

Judy Decker

--- Melissa Speelman <> wrote:
> I too am looking for something new, quick and
> exciting for my first week of classes. Our Open
> House is three days after the first day of school.
> I like to have something to display. Last year my
> Art 8 students converted "Starry Night" into it's
> complements. Each student worked on a portion of
> the painting. The final work was about 7' x 10'.
> It was a great color theory refresher. Students
> loved it, plus it was finished in time for Open
> House. (There used to be a link to the image on
> IAD, but I couldn't find it.)

Do you Yahoo!?