RE: First days- HS Art I

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 09:20:04 PDT

I did something like this at the end of the school year, based on some magnets I bought that make cool designs no matter which way you put them together.
The paper was square, and marked at 1/5th intravals, on all 4 sides. I asked the kids to connect the dots from any side to any side, with no crossing over. Then they filled each section in, using a different pattern for each section. I had them use markers for one class, colored pencils for another. These were pretty much one day projects which I put up right away, making a very bright, attractive display. The students loved how the shapes connected with each other, even tho differnt patterns where used.
Jan