Art Olympics - Fun activities

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 09:15:09 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I asked Heidi McElroy for her Art Olympics ideas. She got this from Getty
ArtsEdNet Talk list. Does anyone recognize it? I couldn't find it in he list
archives doing a quickie Google search:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Olympic2.htm

Here is the page of resources I posted the other day.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Olympic.htm

Both of these files will remain online for your eyes only - not linked up
for the world to find until I find the source for Art Olympics....and until
I do a page with Art about Sports - lesson ideas. So far - there has only
been one response to the theme Art About Sports - Check out Andy DiConti's
site:
http://www.lcusd.net/lchs/adiconti/sculpted_olympians.htm

Andy did a very nice unit a couple years ago with positive/negative space
paintings. Black silhouetted figures with monochromatic background /hard
edge painting. Very striking images. I will include that lesson idea, too --
along with my cut paper design. Weezie Johnson's Matisse lesson could be
tweaked too (hers uses the wood mannequin).

Please email me if you know who authored the original Art Olympics ideas.
Heidi no longer remembers as it was years ago.
If there are no objections from anyone - I will eventually link it up as is
(Inspired by Getty ArtsEdList Talk posts). I do make every effort to find
out who authors/creates files that come to me.

Note to all... Getty posts will eventually be archived again... All Yahoo
posts are archived on the site for list members. I save many of your "words
of wisdom" for sharing with others... I don't put everything I save on the
site - in fact , only a small portion of what I save gets on the site. I
always share with you folks first before anything is shared with "the
world". I know 90% of you want your ideas shared. Right now - I would like
to know who doesn't want your ideas shared on IAD (or to the other list
serves)....That will save me time seeking permission. I know of a few
already and those members do not need to tell me again.

And my apologies to you if I ever shared anything that you did not want
shared (I have asked permission always before linking to the site).... it is
easier to apologize than get permission....and I do let folks know when
their ideas have been saved - I like to let folks know I value their time
(smile). Right now my machine is a huge archive of ideas/posts on many
topics.....

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/