Re: Art of India

---------

From: Geoffrey McClain (skygeoff_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 03:41:04 PDT

I had this really great book for teaching different
cultures and I know the name was either Culture Smart
or Culture Arts...it was big and yellow with slides
and tons of lessons it had a spiral binding...sound
familiar to anyone??

The book is called Culture Smart. It's by Susan Rodriguez. The lesson on
Rangoli paintings done with chalk on door stoops was contributed by me. The
photograph in the book shows the work of my students from the University of
the Arts - Saturday School in Philadelphia. I worked with Susan Rodgriguez
there and she is a good friend of mine. I highly recommend the book. It is
wonderful.
This year India is the theme I've chosen. I'm in the process of planning it
now. I'll send a list of the projects we'll be doing as soon as I can.
Sky in NJ
http://www.dickblick.com/zz718/51/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=4446

---