Re: First days- HS Art I

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 16:01:01 PDT

Sara,

One the first day, I am going to do a "doodling excercise". I
have sheets already run off with lines coming form the edges,
same place. The students will begin doodling on the sheet,
incorporating the lines and timed, then I will have them pass to
each other around the room timed until it gets back to the
original students. Lets them see what others can do with what
you started and also how you are inspired by what comes your
way. The reason for the lines coming from the edges is to
create a large puzzle when all are connectd together.

Remanining days, we will create our own sketchbooks, using a
book binding method, I may shorten that then year to do a whole
unit lesson on bookmaking later. The students get creative with
the outside of the sketchbooks.

I do not cover class guidelines (they are posted) till we are
throught with fruit basket turnover in scheduling.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802
austart@bryanisd.org (Art Classes)