Re: First days- HS Art I - Fun Art History lesson

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 15:42:34 PDT

Greetings Sara and Michael,

Here is a lesson that could easily be done in one week
by high school students.....it depend on howmuch
research you are going to have them do. Melissa
Speelman did these with 7th grade - but I really think
high school would like this no stress way to learn
about some different painting styles and media
approaches.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/melissa-pin.htm
You can get five different painting styles in - even
five different media if you want.

If you don't want to disply outside - how about coming
up with a little stand so you can set them up in the
library - either one at each table with a brief
description of the styles - or set them on the book
shelves.... I think kids would destroy them if you put
them in the cafeteria.

Sure - Melissa did this with 7th grade....but who says
they have to have all the fun? Art can be fun for high
school kids, too. Live it up fo rone week - then get
serious. Make Art History fun.

The other idea I offered to Sara was Found Art...you
can basically do that any way you wish...as art
styles...as media approaches... See Jancy Cossins'
lesson plan linked to Middle School Lessons on IAD.

Judy Decker