Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: First days- HS Art I - Fun Art History lesson

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 15:42:34 PDT

Greetings Sara and Michael,

Here is a lesson that could easily be done in one week
by high school depend on howmuch
research you are going to have them do. Melissa
Speelman did these with 7th grade - but I really think
high school would like this no stress way to learn
about some different painting styles and media
You can get five different painting styles in - even
five different media if you want.

If you don't want to disply outside - how about coming
up with a little stand so you can set them up in the
library - either one at each table with a brief
description of the styles - or set them on the book
shelves.... I think kids would destroy them if you put
them in the cafeteria.

Sure - Melissa did this with 7th grade....but who says
they have to have all the fun? Art can be fun for high
school kids, too. Live it up fo rone week - then get
serious. Make Art History fun.

The other idea I offered to Sara was Found
can basically do that any way you art media approaches... See Jancy Cossins'
lesson plan linked to Middle School Lessons on IAD.

Judy Decker

--- wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am completely revamping my Art I class. I am bored
> with it and although I
> haven't heard any complaints and kids enjoy my
> classes, I figure if I am bored
> then that's not good!

Do you Yahoo!?