RE: Art of India

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 12:08:09 PDT

Do you have any pics of these? A parent was after me to do this a couple years ago, as our school takes a day to learn about Diwali. One of the coolest things I know about Diwali is that families that celebrate it decorate their sidewalks and even streets with a colored substance. If memory serves me right, the substance is a rice flour. Anyway, I remember looking into those drawings.... a long time ago. It reminded me of the SW sandpaintings and also Mandalas.
Jan