Re: Art of India

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 21:41:14 PDT

Hillmer, Jan wrote:

> This fall I'd like to spend some time working with my students
> learning about the arts of India. Does anyone have some good
> suggestions for overview booksand/or lessons?

Jan,

I think I still have some info I picked up at NAEA a few years ago, but
it's at school. There was also a really interesting presentation in
Denver by two women from India who did a demo of traditional wooden
stamps, used for fabric, and how they incorporate them into printmaking
lessons. If you can wait a few weeks--Aug. 9--and remind me, I'll look
for it and send you a copy.

Maggie

---