Re: Art of India

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 20:57:56 PDT

I had this really great book for teaching different
cultures and I know the name was either Culture Smart
or Culture Arts...it was big and yellow with slides
and tons of lessons it had a spiral binding...sound
familiar to anyone??....How's that for great help...ha
ha... Anyways, it had a lot about the Indian women's
jewelry, the elephants importance to the culture,
clothing in India, Rangoli paintings- done on the door
step of rural Indian homes to promote good tidings and
blessings, etc. It also has maps and vocabulary for
every culture... I left the book at my old school or I
would be a lot more help... I know one thing for sure
about India- there is a HUGE cultural difference
between rural and urban living.

        This fall I'd like to spend some time working with