Re: Art of India

---------

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 20:10:20 PDT

I've made pinch pots for Diwali lamps. It was fun and successful.
They are called diwas and are used at New Year's festivals that fall in Oct or Nov.

Dawn

"Hillmer, Jan" <HillmJan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote:

This fall I'd like to spend some time working with my students learning about the arts of India. Does anyone have some good suggestions for overview booksand/or lessons? I'd like to get a bit of a headstart on the learning so I can get an idea of what to cover with my elementary kids. Ideas? This geographical area doesn't seem to get a lot of attention, so I am not sure if this is a workable idea, or how this will turn out. Anyway, any leads this wonderful group can give me would be appreciated.

Jan