Re: Art of India -Jan

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 18:38:25 PDT

Jan,

I just enter Architecture of India....and discovered
this site that look very good.
Manas: Indai and Its Neighbors
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/southasia/index.html
I may have it oon my iste already... I didn't check.

Architecture of India:
http://www.boloji.com/architecture/

I know that there were some "Talking Walls" from India
too -- really carved in high relief. I have that in my
Social Studies links (check Curriculum Resources Page)

Architecture - from Great Buildings site:
http://www.greatbuildings.com/places/india.html

Nice photos:
http://acro.harvard.edu/GEI/india_architecture.html

There are lots more sites if this topic interests you.

Lots of lesson ideas are popping into my head.

Judy